Mind, Body and Wellness
It can be really difficult to balance work life, personal goals and family life and most times, can feel like you're on a roller coaster. When we are so focused on 'securing the bag' we tend to forget that our body needs some certain things to keep moving. our body needs rest! I 've come to understand that it is when you are physically and mentally healthy, that you are able to do more and give more. I bet you've heard the saying 'you cant give what you don't have' this can't be any more true because if you aren't well within yourself (mind and body) how are you able to care for someone else?.
As a mum, I wear many hats but now I've come to the point where I have to consciously tell myself that I can be a great mum and still have my alone time, work, keep doing what I love to, sometimes putting my own needs first and most importantly ask for help when I need to. its okay!
Its been two years since I started writing in my Gratitude Journal, which by the way is so fulfilling (we'll talk about this later) and a few months since I started writing in my wellbeing journal and the experience is so liberating that I thought I'd share some of the things I'm doing to help keep my mind and body at peace. I'm no expert, I'm just a girl who loves her peace of mind, so I study and go with the flow!
1. Get rid of negative thoughts. They'll come lurking but you have to remind yourself of the things you want for yourself. This is the start of something good so go easy and stay positive.
2. Express yourself. I'm not the greatest writer, but I find it easier to put down my feelings in my journal, especially if I want to go back to see how well I'm doing. One time I wrote 5 things I'd love to do today, it Included a tub of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate cookie dough. lol..That was a good day!
3. Find what you love to do and go for it. I've never been a runner or ever taken up hiking but do I love to cook and organise, just ask my hubby! its my thing and it makes me happy so I do them. find what you love to do, it helps you connect more with your mind.
4. Clear your head. I used to be a master in doubting myself. I mean I could have it all figured out one minute and doubt myself in 10 different ways!. so believe me when I say its easier said than done to do away with doubt but what do we ever gain with it?
5. Build Your Confidence. My personal favourite and something I still consistently work on. Having confidence in yourself allows you to love yourself more, discover more things about you and help you become more aware of who you are. For your mind, trust me that's a really good feeling!
That's it guys!. oh and at the end of the day, or sometimes in the mornings, I tell myself 'I'm strong, I've got what it takes and I can do this'
I'm going to leave you with this quote I find interesting, it goes 'Health isn’t about being “perfect” with food or exercise or herbs. Health is about balancing those things with your desires. It’s about nourishing your spirit as well as your body.”
Love & Light always
Dola ~ Founder LOG Cosmetics